Cavendish Red Gum Festival
Please also read: General Terms and Conditions ALL SECTIONS
Sculpture Conditions of Entry
- Entries can be made online via the Cavendish Red Gum Festival Website cavendishredgumfestival.weebly.com or by downloading and completing an application form and posting or returning it in person to “Tops & Tails” Brown Street Hamilton or the Cavendish Primary School Office. Hard copy forms are available, please contact us if required.
- Entry Forms MUST be submitted be Friday 2rd March 2018
- Artists are able to submit one sculpture only.
- Works offered for exhibition must have the artist’s name, title of work, medium and price (if for sale) marked clearly on a label affixed to the back of the work.
- All works must be made with/from red gum, or be representative of red gum in some way.
- Sculptures must be delivered and installed on Friday 13th April 2018 between 1pm and 3pm other arrangements can be made by contacting us
- There is no minimum or maximum dimensions for sculptures providing the installed work permits appropriate viewing access, and presents no public safety or Occupational Health and Safety issues.
- The Cavendish Red Gum Festival Committee reserve the right to refuse applications/entries if they deem the work unsafe, unsuitable or inappropriate for public viewing
Sculpture Installation Requirements:
- Sculptures must be delivered and ready to install on Friday 13th April between 1pm & 3pm. Alternative arrangements can be made by contacting us.
- Artist must affix or provide an appropriate label stating the name/s of artist and the name of the sculpture-or a label will be generated from your application form.
- The artist is responsible for all work related to the installations of their sculptures.
- All sculptures must be stable and adequately attached to stands/plinths/bases- which in turn must be appropriately weighted/secured to the ground- to minimise damage from human intervention and/or inclement weather
- In the case of very large works some mechanical assistance may be available. In all other cases artists must supply their own trolleys, moving equipment and levelling materials if required for installations.
Security and Insurance
- While all due reasonable care will be exercised to ensure the security, safety and integrity of the sculptures during the competition and exhibition period. Sculptures are exhibited entirely at the artist’s individual risk and no responsibility or insurance against theft, loss or damage, however caused is assumed or provided by the Cavendish Red Gum Festival.
- Artists are reminded that being an outdoor exhibition they may require or choose their own insurance to cover theft, loss or damage-either through human intervention or inclement weather-to their sculpture as well as legal claims against negligence on their part.
De-installation and Collection of Works.
- Sculptures will be available for collections at the time specified by The Festival Committee.
- All materials used for installation must be removed from site on time of collection.